July 17, 2003
Stage 11: Flecha breaks away
Spain’s Juan Antonio Flecha found the winning breakaway today, and rode away from it in the final kms for his first Tour stage win.
Bram de Groot, 3rd in Stage 10, came second, just ahead of ONCE’s Isidro Nozal at 4 seconds back.
Also in the break were Aussies Stuart O’Grady of Credit Agricole and Michael Rogers of QuickStep. O’Grady picked up 28 sprint points on the day, but moved up only 12 on green jersey leader Baden Cooke, who earned 16 points in the field sprint.
1) Juan Antonio Flecha (iBanesto.com) 3:29:33
2) Bram de Groot (Rabobank) @ :04
3) Isidro Nozal (ONCE) @ :04
4) Inigo Cuesta (Cofidis) @ :15
5) Carlos da Cruz (FDJeux.com) @ :23
6) Stuart O’Grady (Credit Agricole) @ :23
7) Nicolas Portal (AG2R) @ :23
8) Michael Rogers (QuickStep) @ :23
9) Robbie McEwen (Lotto-Domo) @ :42
10) Baden Cooke (FDJeux.com) @ :42
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Stage 11: Flecha breaks away: