« Breukink new Rabobank director | Main | USPS presents full roster »

January 15, 2004

Armstrong, Sheryl Crow go public

(click through to Hollywood.com photo gallery)

Lance Armstrong and Sheryl Crow, who have been rumored to be dating for some time, appeared in public at the premiere of the new Jennifer Aniston-Ben Stiller movie, "Along Came Polly".

Armstrong separated from his wife Kristin last year.

Posted by Frank Steele on January 15, 2004 in Lance Armstrong 2004, Sheryl Crow | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Armstrong, Sheryl Crow go public:

Comments

That lance armstrong has some nerve. His ex-wife stuck with him through
testicular cancer and a long road to recovery and he dumps her the minute
some two-bit singer/songwriter gives him the time of day.

What a jack-ass!

Posted by: MK at Feb 4, 2004 5:25:53 PM

Actually, he didn't meet his ex wife until he was recovering from cancer. AND she is the one who dumped him!

Posted by: lancefan at Feb 9, 2004 5:09:05 PM

Actually, she dumped him for the same reason Sheryl will evengtually dump him. He is a big cheat!

Posted by: EB at Feb 18, 2004 9:09:32 AM

Could you back that up with some facts, please?

Posted by: lancefan at Feb 18, 2004 9:39:15 PM

I personally think we should see Lance Armstrong for what he is, a great cyclist!
Making comments on what we hear and read from the press who are looking for a front page story, or from his rivals who cannot beat him on the bike and are looking for other ways to destroy him, is nonsense.
As Kristin and Lance are not going public on this, I do not really think that we the ones sitting back in our chairs have the right to do so.
Besides, do we not all have problems with ourselves, with our partners etc., and do we go public with them?
Good luck to both of them! Now lets just comment Lance Armstrong on the real facts – the cancer and his cycling!

Posted by: John at Feb 20, 2004 11:22:04 AM

I am personally happy for Lance. So his marriage didnt work, most dont these days.
Good job Lance! Keep it up, TDF 04.

Posted by: Jason at Feb 20, 2004 4:08:32 PM

It is now late February. Is Lance back in Spain training? Last year was unnecesarily "too close" in his words. I just want to know if he's his totally focused self again, setting the example for all of us, maximizing every day towards the goal only 4+ months from now. Opinions of his personal affairs are really none of his business, i.e., he shouldn't care and neither do i. Just get on the bike and ride, big guy! btw, Sheryl Crow is a real-deal singer/songwriter _and_ a kick-ass guitar player. Quit throwing stones, and get on with your lives!

Posted by: J.WrongWay at Feb 25, 2004 2:32:20 PM

is she pregnant? somebody keeps telling me that

Posted by: jen at Feb 25, 2004 8:06:45 PM

I lost a lot of respect for Lance after his marriage fell apart. He seemed so true-blue in his book, but I guess fame got the better of him. And his kids will pay the price. What a let down and a shame.

Posted by: laura at Feb 26, 2004 3:17:26 PM

Not Spain you retard, he was in Portugal.

Posted by: Mikos at Feb 27, 2004 8:01:53 AM

Cool your jets, Mikos. Armstrong's European home is in Girona, Spain, and that's his base for training when he's on the Continent.

Posted by: Frank at Feb 27, 2004 8:10:00 AM

Lance won the TT in the first race of the season solely on grit showing off to his new girlfriend who was following in the team car behind him!

Posted by: E. Griffin at Feb 27, 2004 1:10:21 PM

Did anyone read his first book? It says in it that Kristin and he were always having problems with him traveling all over the place. Don't you think as he gets and travels more there will be more stress? He had no choice but to leave his kids with her all the time because he had to train for the Tour. All of you calling him a cheat should try to do what he does and see what happens with your relationship and riding. Spend all your time at home and not ride then try to win the Tour. Lance Armstrong has over come death, competition, and harassment from drug testing, so give him a break on his personal life.

Posted by: LanceRules at Feb 27, 2004 5:42:39 PM

Yes, I was diagnosed with breast cancer last year, and as a marathon runner was encouraged to read Lance's book. I did and it inspired me through my treatments. After radiation my doctor encouraged me to get back out there and do another marathon. I was terrified that the hard training would make the cancer come back. Right about that time Lance started falling down and getting back up to win the 5th Tour De France since he had cancer. A huge, "He trains harder than I do and his cancer didn't come back!!" broke through my skull. Feb. 1st I ran my first post cancer marathon and qualified for Boston-something I had failed at doing 4 times prior. Lance may not be perfect but who of us are. He's an inspiration to many athletes and non athletes a like. And like he says in his second book-which I found even better than the first-God put him here to have cancer not to ride a bike. Go Lance go!!!! I wish he and Sheryl all the happiness in the world.

Posted by: Pamela Kane at Feb 28, 2004 8:33:56 PM

lance gets his butt kicked deservedly so this year
his comments about ulrich not really waiting for him, and his marriage breakup and bs about wanting to spend so much time with his kids show that he has lost touch with reality and ego as so many celeberities usually do

Posted by: dan at Feb 29, 2004 5:26:07 PM

But Ulrich didn't wait for him. If you watch the tape it was Hamilton that held everyone back. Ulrich was riding like he didn't know it had happened and yet it happened right in front of his front tire.

Posted by: Pam at Mar 3, 2004 1:23:19 PM

dan, get a life, lance is an egotistical creep and jan is the class act

Posted by: dan at Mar 6, 2004 2:55:08 AM

LA rocks!!!!!

Make it 6TDF in a row

LA the champ!!!!!!

Posted by: lance the legend at Mar 9, 2004 1:04:42 AM

It's always the kids that take it in the ear when public figures are involved. How'd you like to be one of Lace's kids asking--"Hey mommy, whose that lady Daddy's kissing on TV?" Nice goin Lance--had to put that Trailor Trash Queen on your arm and pose for the cameras didn't ya? Where I come from you don't hang your dirty clothes out in front of the neighbors. There's a guy thinking with the little head instead of the big one. For those who wear a WWJD bracelet---"Do you have to ask?" I just became a Jan Ulrich Fan.

Posted by: Wes at Mar 9, 2004 10:17:11 AM

What I want to know is. How does Lance have time for Sheryl? And vice versa? I thought Kristin left because he was traveling all over and didn't have any time for her and their children. How is it that he has time to hang out with Sheryl? I mean I thought he spent his time training, recovering and racing.

Posted by: J at Mar 10, 2004 1:56:13 AM