March 19, 2004
Armstrong a possible at Milan-San Remo?
Cyclingnews.com reports that there's still a chance that Lance Armstrong will race tomorrow's Milan-San Remo, and that a decision won't be made until this afternoon.
In an interview with La Gazzetta published on Friday, Armstrong told Pier Bergonzi, "I've come to Italy to race Milan-San Remo. It's a race I've always loved, with 300 km and seven hours of racing. I'm in good shape, but I'll race to help George Hincapie and Max van Heeswijk. But my problem is that I'm not feeling that good. I've got a touch of bronchitis and the weather forecast is for possible rain. I don't want to risk anything. So I'll talk to Johan Bruyneel and my teammates and we'll figure out together what I'm going to do. But I have to be honest, right now it's more 'no' that 'yes' that I'll ride."