« Riders' diaries update: Dean, Hamilton, Backstedt | Main | Armstrong adds to 3rd-stage jitters »

July 05, 2004

All I wanna do, is drive some traffic...

procycling | Crow sings Armstrong's praises

It's really gratifying to start seeing referrers from big sites like BoingBoing and anil dash's daily links, but up until the start of the Tour, the site got by on traffic from Google, and about 75 percent of it was looking for tidbits about Lance Armstrong and Sheryl Crow.

Even with the race underway, it's about 5-10 percent of search engine traffic, I would estimate.

I liked to imagine I was keeping the site pure by not creating a Sheryl Crow category, but I can't swim upstream, so here you go.

The story: Sheryl thinks the Tour is dreamy:

“Whatever I thought before the race, you can multiply it by a thousand — that’s pretty much what I am experiencing here,” the singer told journalists.

“It’s a helpless feeling,” she said of following her new partner on nervous opening stages of the Tour. “You know, you can either stay in front of a TV to watch the race, where you see all of it, or run around the route where you only see a second of it. But Lance knows what he’s doing.”

Posted by Frank Steele on July 5, 2004 in Lance Armstrong 2004, Sheryl Crow | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference All I wanna do, is drive some traffic...:

» One old obsession and one new from WhatISee
Only left the house for two errands today so very little to add except for some details on some obsessions. Years ago, the Tour du Trump (almost no web presence other than this question and this photo) went through my... [Read More]

Tracked on Jul 6, 2004 12:28:36 AM

» One old obsession and one new from WhatISee

Tracked on Jul 12, 2004 2:10:09 AM

Comments

eek!

When does Robin williams arrive this year? :-P

Posted by: lancefan at Jul 5, 2004 9:25:18 PM

"But Lance knows what he's doing." has to be the frontrunner for the stupidest statement on camera during this year's Tour.

Posted by: philbert at Jul 5, 2004 10:30:37 PM

Nah. That's second, after Lance's inane, 'She knows exactly what she's doing [as a singer]' after Sheryl had her guitars shipped over to his place in Girona.

Posted by: lancefan at Jul 5, 2004 11:05:44 PM

Aforementioned quote from an episode of 'The Lance Chronicles.'

Posted by: lancefan at Jul 5, 2004 11:06:41 PM

That's cool. I linked you on my site as well, in my TDF entry and current topics. you're site works 'cause the other news sites aren't offering RSS. it's a great service. and a good example of business blog.

Posted by: -b- at Jul 6, 2004 12:17:06 AM

I got two words for Lance...

bad karma

Posted by: Chantelle at Jul 7, 2004 12:56:10 AM

Lance Chronicles what a slap in the face. I don't remember all the leader lines but here is what I do remember "Lance the movie star" "Lance the international superstar" and so on..." . What I did not hear was Lance the family man. I heard him mention his son once when putting down a Giro TT helmet as some his son would wear. The other time was referring to Santa Barbara artist painting named Grace 1,2,3 have bought them four years before he ever had a daughter named Grace. All I could think about while watching Lance and Sheryl on there private or leased jet eating caviar was the Kirsten Armstrong was changing diapers and scraping up enough money to feed the kids Top Ramen for dinner.

Anyone but Lance in 04 TDF his head is big enough.

dslboy