« Stage 10 profile | Main | Stage 10 underway »

July 12, 2005

Petrov fails blood test, out of Tour

BBC SPORT | Petrov axed from Tour de France

Lampre's Evgeni Petrov failed his blood test, showing a red blood cell count higher than the allowed limit. This isn't a positive dope test: it's considered evidence that he might have doped, but he'll just be barred from competitive cycling for 2 weeks, and not allowed to start until his hematocrit is below 50.

Posted by Frank Steele on July 12, 2005 in Doping, Top Stories, Tour news | Permalink

Comments

Totally O/T but I need some quick help if anyone is out there. I can't find the live audio feed on the Tour web site. I listened to it online the past 2 years -- is it still available this year? If so, where do I access it? *panic* Thanks!

Posted by: noelle at Jul 12, 2005 9:08:12 AM

Last two years I was able to get the live audio feed from OLNTV.com. This year, however, it seems that they've removed that feature. If someone else finds a feed in English please pass along the info.

Posted by: daino at Jul 12, 2005 10:32:25 AM

So annoying - I can't think why they've eliminated the feed both on OLN's site and Le Tour's English version. Grr.

Anyway, Frank pointed me to Eurosport's live audio coverage here: http://www.eurosport.com/

I haven't actually been able to get a stream going though. Dunno if they're overloaded, or just blocking my non-European IP address...

Posted by: noelle at Jul 12, 2005 11:00:46 AM

Eurosport is the only place to get the live streaming audio, but I *REALLY* miss the OLN coverage because their commentators are MUCH better. Everyone please contact OLN to request they get this live feed back online. I do daily. OLN: Outdoor Life Network Two Stamford Plaza
281 Tresser Boulevard Stamford, CT 06901
Phone: (203) 406-2500 Fax: (203) 406-2534. THANKS! - JON

Posted by: Jon at Jul 12, 2005 12:56:03 PM

Does anyone know how I can get English SMS feeds to my phone?

Posted by: Jim at Jul 13, 2005 12:55:37 AM

Headed to France for the weekend, any ideas on how to find out where the teams are staying?

Posted by: Jim at Jul 13, 2005 12:57:05 AM

I don't know about the English speaking Eurosport commentators, but the dutch guys commenting the TdF stages sure don't know sh*t about cycling.

The same goes for other sports (like formula 1), by the way.

So if you want to learn something about any sport, DON'T TUNE IN TO EUROSPORT.

Posted by: Chris at Jul 13, 2005 4:01:40 AM