August 01, 2006
Gusev takes Tour of Germany prologue
With a little help from the weather, Discovery Channel's Vladimir Gusev took the prologue at the 2006 Tour of Germany. Gusev was 9 one-hundredths faster than T-Mobile's Linus Gerdemann, and 1 second faster than German TT champion Sebastian Lang of Gerolsteiner.
Defending Deutschland Tour champion Levi Leipheimer was 111th on the day, 42 seconds behind Gusev.
1) Vladimir Gusev, Discovery Channel, Russia, in 6:42
2) Linus Gerdemann, T-Mobile, Germany, same time
3) Sebastian Lang, Gerolsteiner, Germany, at :01
4) Laszlo Bodrogi, Crédit Agricole, Hungary, at :03
5) Alexei Markov, Caisse d’Epargne, Russia, at :08
6) Frédéric Finot, Française des Jeux, France, same time
7) Sébastien Rosseler, QuickStep, Belgium, s.t.
8) Iñigo Cuesta, CSC, Spain, s.t.
9) Tomas Vaitkus, AG2R, Lithuania, at :09
10) Alexandre Vinokourov, Astana, Kazakhstan, same time
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Gusev takes Tour of Germany prologue: